So during the snow last weekend, I decided I wanted to make Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip cookies. They were so good!!! I’ll have the recipe down at the bottom of this post. I highly suggest making this immediately
I wanted to practice “food photography” and man do I have more respect for The Pioneer Woman after doing that. Here are the pictures of my cookie baking evening 🙂
Creaming the butter
The absolute best thing ever….VANILLA BEAN PASTE!!! Get some today. Seriously.
All mixed together
Time to bake!
Here’s the recipe!
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (although I used chocolate chunks, peanut butter chips, & chocolate chips in mine)
1) Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
2) Cream butter & brown sugar until it’s nice and fluffy-isa. (about 3 minutes on medium high speed). Add eggs, mixing well after each egg. Then add the vanilla. Mix for another 2 minutes.
3) In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly incorporate this mixture into the mixer bowl (with the sugar, eggs, etc.). I used a 1/2 cup measurer and mixed after each 1/2 cup.
4) Once fully incorporated, add in the chocolate chips (or mixture of whatever you’d like) and mix until combined.
5) Drop about 2 tablespoons onto baking sheets and bake for about 12-14 minutes until edges are nice and brown. Allow cookies to cool on a cookie rack for a few minutes and then enjoy!!!